Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Film Makers Thanks Giving

Excited at the fact that I will be stuck in a four wall room, covered in florescent pink décor finishing up the last of what I can say to be a strenuous yet exciting sitcom. I did not think I had it in me, though it is a sacrifice I am willing to make to serve the well-deserved children in which this project will come to help. I will accept the turkey sandwiches placed at the front door of my office while the sweet potato pie I love so much gets put off until next year. At all, my priorities have been subjected to finishing a serviceable script and its beneficial purposes. Good hearted you say? Although I wasn’t always this sacrificial, there was a time I painted a mural for a young boy whose hope was drained out by society's diligence. A mural that entailed a window of opportunity for what the child knew little of. After the twelfth hour spent painting for what only felt like minutes I realized that I had missed out on one of the biggest networking events of the year in which I had an important meet up with a well known colleague. There was also the time I enhanced a little girls inspiring thoughts by taking her to meet her favorite band play which led to her receiving a signed autograph on her favorite guitar. That night was my third year anniversary, in which I must say I am still in trouble for today. So yes, I am very sacrificial. I guess the youth just stick to me. My vision for the future entails the ideas of our youth. I don’t feel as if many took the time to invest properly. Or with the lack of care even. In the end I realize some times everything is put into your hands and fate is there for a reason. So as I sit hear and sacrifice the loving thanks giving dinner in which I hold dear to, my dear grandmothers sweet potato pie, baked macaroni and cheese, honeyed ham, southern style sweet corn bread, and the love and laughter of my family. I know that it is a sacrifice well deserved to those who will benefit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment